When it comes to actually making the juice, it's pretty easy to churn up in a matter of minutes; mainly the chopping is the most time consuming part of the whole process. I don't own a juicer, but this would be much simpler if you could chuck it all in one of those... however, a powerful hand blender or smoothie maker is all you need to get started. I tend to improvise with measurements and ingredients the vast majority of the time (depending on what I have in) and it's a great way to use up sad looking fruits and veg that have been sat in the fridge unloved for a while.
So here is what you do... (makes around 2 large glasses)
- Take around a large handful of spinach and place in the bottom of a large plastic measuring jug.
- Add in 1/3 of a cucumber, finely chopped.
- Add an apple, also finely chopped and de-seeded. (I like granny smith or pink lady for extra tang)
- Then top up with apple juice or water until all the veggies are just about submerged.
- A squeeze of half a lemon and a few grates of ginger added in will give flavour.
- Attack with a blender - Hulk SMASH style
- Serve and enjoy!
This is such a fantastic way to drink your nutrients, and will provide you with essential Vitamins K and A, as well as Manganese, Folic Acid and a whole host of other minerals!
So go on - why not try turning a few greens into something tasty and nutrient filled?